Types of Questions:
Questions to open communication and creativity…
• What do you think about…?
• What options do you see…?
• What are the pros/cons…?
• How does the rest of the group feel?
Discovery questions –
• What are your goals in developing this system/enhancement?
• What critical problems, issues, or opportunities initiated this project?
• What is the most important business goal of the system/enhancement?
Confirmation questions –
• How will you recognize success?
• Are we in agreement with how I’ve described this?
Evaluation questions -
• Will the system/enhancement make the customer or you be more efficient? How?
• What will the new system/enhancement accomplish that is not currently accomplished manually or with other systems?
• Will the system/enhancement change the way you are doing things now? QA
Put yourself in the customers’ place:
Imagine yourself learning the user’s job
• What tasks would you need to perform?
• What questions would you have?
• Who all performs this task?
Questions could begin with:
• What else could…….
• What happens when….
• Would you ever need to…..
• Does anyone ever…..
Try to bring out the user’s assumptions
• What features or characteristics is the user expecting to be included without having said so?
Walk through the processes that users follow to make decisions when performing tasks to extract the underlying logic.
• Use Flowcharts, Activity Diagrams, Process Mapping
• Decision Trees
• Mind Mapping